DIY Watercolor torch
In order to properly begin The Winter Olympic Games festivities, a DIY Olympic torch is in order. There are many ways that you can do this, and most likely you have everything on hand.
Here’s how we made our torch:
paper towel roll
watercolors and paint brush
1. Stack or fold 5-6 sheets of paper towels and stack them on top of each other.
2. Using warm watercolors, yellows, oranges, and reds paint the paper towels. If you use enough water, the paint will soak through the paper towel.
3. Display each paper towel and add more watercolor where needed and set out to dry.
4. Tape black cardstock around a paper towel tube
5. To form the flame, pick up the paper towel and the center and bunch up as shown. Keep it a little messy to look like a flame.
6. Take your glue stick and add glue to keep the paper towel bunched up.
7. Glue each of the bunched paper towels together.
8. Glue the bunch of paper towels or ‘flame’ inside one end of the paper towel tube.
I hope that you are enjoying The Winter Olympic Games this year!